Friday 12 February 2010

True Blue...


Somehow time keeps slipping away; the hours move on and turn to days, each one as blue and as cold as the last. Blue mornings, filled with tea in blue china cups, blue silks close to my skin, blue scarfs the colour of heaven, blue skies and deep blue nights. Blue for protection, for love and sorrow, blue for truth, blue music and boys in blue moods...

For college I've been looking at the blue of Marys clothes in traditional imagery, originally an economic decision which gave birth to countless pieces of superstition and folklore. I've also been looking at Blues at the Crossroads, crosses and suppers for queens and goddesses... It all feeds into that map in my mind, crisscrossing trails of information.

Today I love oranges that taste like sunshine and golden sunsets in at least six shades of blue. I love crisp cold air with a coffee cup in hand and peat-smoke which smells so much like home. I love movies; flickering in the dark and poetry; strange and new. As always I can't stand unfair actions. Today the woman I am has pin pricks on her fingers and still she can't sleep, she's been baking all week and is beginning to suspect it's just another charm, she still doesn't trust easily but she's surrounded by roses and thinks that maybe she should...

(Second image from www.sadieolive.com and that little portrait now hangs above my desk)

No comments: