Sunday 14 February 2010

Earl Grey and Midnight Blues...


1. Me & You Show Sign, 2. unloved, 3. no. 11, 4. tutu-rose

Those in love do not always announce themselves with declarations and vows. But they are the ones who weep when you're gone. Who miss you every single night, especially when the sky is so deep and beautiful, and the ground so very cold.
-Alice Hoffman

I have to say I'm not a fan of valentines day, years in florists and jewelers and as a friend and a sister; watching men, always late, under pressure and worse, bullied, to buy what they are expected to, put paid to that... it's the everyday acts of love I adore; the notes left inside books, on the fridge and in the oddest of places, flowers for no other reason, cheap bunches of tulips, more beautiful than those long steams, little remembrances, evidence of thought and love; pebbles or a pear with steaming tea, shoes, not for themselves but because I'll dance, that song I sing learnt off by heart, sounded out in rhythm and string...

Today I love tulips and peonies, morning pink and as pale as snow. I love old friends and laughter with cake. I love early mornings wrapped in grey and long pitch blue nights, as always I hate those dreams that hurt like new... Today the woman I want to be isn't scared, she has dust on her boots and stamps on her passport, she can sing lullabies in a foreign tongue but she could find her way home blindfolded...

1 comment:

Erica Pru said...

your words are so beautiful. I'm so glad you started writing here again- the smallest things count the most and the woman you want to be is so romantic!