Saturday 6 March 2010

Casting...


1.portrait4, 2. Herbier, 3. lilies2, 4. the heart of baking
She was brought up on a diet of spells and tea, fairy tales and candle light, flowers in her hair and dancing barefoot 'til dawn; after that there isn't many ways a girl can go...

For college I've been looking at stitching and knot-work; the folklore of drawing down the rains and tying the wind in with knots, Lovers, Crowns and Reefs amongst others. The processes have become the aesthetic of the work, I'm surrounded by spools the colours of the sky, blues and grey, the threads tumble down the walls. And yet I have the feeling that I'm a little too superstitious for it, I'm afraid I'll somehow stir up a storm...
I've been so distracted recently; I've burnt cakes, and tipped too much sugar into the mix, made pots of tea only to find I've left the tea in the jar, I don't know whats wrong but I need to snap out of it!

Today the air smells like spring and peat smoke, and the ground is finally stirring. Today I love rambling tales, I love daffodils and snowy soft jumpers and the smell of popcorn. I love thoughtful actions and as always I hate unfairness... Today the woman I want to be can tell those tales, her rooms are filled with golden flowers and golden light, she is at home in a crowd and is so very sure...

2 comments:

chloeraub said...

Pretty photos and inspiring words! Maybe it's the coming of spring that distracted you. Hard to watch the kitchen timer when the blossoms are about to bloom! xx

SamMoore said...

I finally got a glimpse of what goes on in that pretty head of yours....what a wonderful world siobhan