Sunday 13 September 2009

And the bible didn't mention us...



1. Blue Hue, 2. Clouds were passing by..., 3. fragile things (heart), 4. cake

All images from Flickr.

Take them then; my curls and stay a while, till morning.
Leave me with blue skies and your boots by the door...


Today was a lovely family day; an in-between day of blue skies above apples and leaves turning red and autumn dinners eaten outside in the heat of summer... Tea and cake, and cream scones with jams. A day with that familiar sense of hope; like a blank page or fresh sheets and right now it smells like salt breezes and paint and sounds like a slow tango, the flutter of book pages and waves on the shore...

Today I love, as always, blue skies, steaming tea and bare feet. I love cake and laughter and old friends. I love dappled light and men who wander and as ever I hate words left unsaid...
Today the woman I am has grass stains on her still bare feet, she laughed all day and ate cake for breakfast, she lives where the light is golden and filtered and she is oh so nervous...

5 comments:

Joyti said...

What a beautiful entry...beautiful thoughts and images both.

Juli said...

Beautiful post and photos. I'm glad you are back on the blog. I've missed you. Hope you had a lovely summer. :) Juli~

Danny said...

"And I hear a banjo tango
And you dance into the shadow of a black poplar tree
And I watched you as you disappeared..."
So we're not far from Savannah now, thought of you.
Update more!

herecomesthesun said...

You have such a wonderful blog, so happy to have found it xx

Erica Pru said...

your writing is beautiful~ it sounds like you have a wonderful soul

Samson by Regina Spektor?