Friday 10 April 2009

Borrowed Blue...


Always use new pins, old letters and borrow blue from the sky...

Last Saturday was my birthday, I had such a light filled weekend; friends, family, bunting and ribbon, cakes and flowers, raspberries and blue skies...

This week I have been making headway on my degree show; days on blustery beaches with my camera back in my hands, late nights spent filling cabinets with superstitions; always use new pins for quilts and dresses, stitch blue thread into your hem and keep a pebble from home shores in your pocket. My tree, an apple tree is on it's way to me, soon it should be on a ship crossing the Irish sea, fitting for a tree I intend to haunt with pearls, sea salt and pebbles. Mature apple trees, it would seem, are difficult to buy in Northern Ireland...

Today I love sky blue thread and my wispy sea grey scarf, I love tea steaming in the early spring air and the sound of pebbles underfoot. As always I loathe injustice. Today the woman I am sleeps soundly, and has somehow managed to leave books and coffee in almost every room in the house, she has been baking and dreaming of the sea and she can almost taste freedom...

3 comments:

Juli said...

Happy late birhtday! Its sounds like you had a lovely day! I love this post! :)

Joyti said...

O, congratulations on the degree and your birthday! The celebrations sound delightful.
I actually do have an apple cake recipe on blog...http://darjeelingdreams.blogspot.com/2009/02/tags-and-awards.html
Its originally from a dessert book called "A Passion for Desserts" - everything in the book is just wonderful

Jan Maree said...

Always use new pins, old letters and borrow blue from the sky...

...I love this.