Sunday 15 March 2009

Tulips and Daydreams...

1. Untitled, 2. Untitled, 3. usual view. 4. Spring is sooner recognized by plants than by men
All images from Flickr...

Spring is washing in, my days exist in water filled colours and rain, the flowers are here but the world is grey, caught somewhere between the months. I think perhaps I'm caught there too; I have been so tired lately, I feel as if I am in that time between sleep and awake...

My proposal for our end of year show is due tomorrow, it is a sort of to-do/I need list, a basic plan for the degree exhibition. And so my head is full of measurements, light and practicality, again this feels in between, a formal plan which is expected to change, a list for something undecided, an exercise in bureauacy...

Today I love tulips in red, and the sound of rain on an umbrella. I love peat fires and salt air, the smell of pipe smoke, old men whistling and the sound of pebbles on the shore... Today the woman I want to be sleeps soundly, she breathes spring in deep and lives where the daylight is golden or lemon filtering through the rooms...

2 comments:

Joyti said...

The photographs in this post are simply amazing. The colors...the softness of them...and they make me long for spring. It is still raining and cool over here.

laitae said...

oh, how I love tulips, these remind me of my garden a thousand miles from here, filled with red tulips when the right time comes...I've been tired lately too, hopefully spring will wake us up soon:)
Much love,
Agnes