Saturday 27 December 2008

Salty Mornings...


By winter there were water marks on the walls and blue light filtering through every room, and each wavering breath she took was as salty as tears...


Christmas was wonderful and quiet, family and friends, fairy lights, old movies, champagne and coffee, and today I had a day of frosty beaches and steaming tea, low golden sunlight and salty crisp air, a perfect winter day... and so I am content.


Today I have sand on my feet and salt in the curls of my hair, the sky is a scattering of stars, I still have ink on my fingers and poets in my car and I that feeling of freedom only wide horizons and maps can bring... Today I love scarfs and picnics, I love frost underfoot and golden light, I love keys and as always I hate selfishness. Today the woman I want to be can see the beach from her bedroom window and the waves lull her to sleep each night...

3 comments:

Joyti said...

Your writing and your photographs are so beautifully poetic...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girly; very you. Road trip? You'll love the beach I found!

laitae said...

Oh, how I wish you updated this blog more often! Hope you're fine! laitae