Friday 19 December 2008

Beauty and Truth...



We talked between the Rooms
Until the Moss had reached our lips
And covered up our names
-Emily Dickinson


I have a lot of work to do; everything needs pinned down, gathered together between pages and boxes. My head is still full of Fairy Tales and coffee, and my days not quiet back on track.

Christmas, for me, starts tonight; a weekend of lace and ribbons, decorations and pine needles, stars and paper, i love it so...

And then I'll keep working; moss on mirrors, buried lace, pearls on trees and bones, green waistcoats for Irish princes and books upon books... why am i doing three projects?!

Today my fingers are blue ink and there isn't a star in the sky. Today I love white lace and long colourful silky ribbons, I love apple and blue cheese for lunch with smokey coffee and songs that haunt me... Today I love long scarfs, peat fires and the smell of books and the woman I want to be understands herself and that thing called fate. She slips on grace as other women slip on their shoes and she is a flurry of chiffon, tea and presents...

3 comments:

laitae said...

Beautiful poem by Emily Dickinson and great, very poetical post. Good luck with your projects and Merry Christmas! Lots of love, Agnes

Joyti said...

Lovely photograph...and Happy Holidays!

Kayla S said...

I enjoyyed reading this