Wednesday 29 October 2008


And there she stood, by the mosses, her hair turning green in that deep summer rain...

This is the moss locket and narrative from earlier in the term, I wanted some sense of decay or neglect to it. An abandoned or lost object, or something beautiful with a secret. That secret hidden a year too long...

It needs more development, I've planted moss in one of my fragile white tea cups, the green just creeping onto the saucer, that change in the leaves perhaps? Delicate tea spoons tied with white lace, some feeling of normal among the strange.

I've also left one of those tea cups outside, we'll see what the winter does to it, a change, destruction, decay beyond my control...


This is another experimental set up, the same narrative as above, on the plinth and moss planted in the glass urn. Again it needs development but I want to move on from just images, I need something more tactile... To create an interplay between the image, text and object.

I wish I had buried something in the soil, so it was just visible against the glass, the locket or a piece of bone perhaps. I'll create that "bone jar" within the next few days, perhaps in something more domestic, a jam jar maybe.

I want to create something beautiful but a little unsettling with this narrative. It is turning more than a little dark, but at the moment I'm ok with that.

I'd like to experiment with one of the glass cases we have in college, create a museum set up with this work, I'll just see where it takes me...

No comments: