Tuesday 12 August 2008

Polaroid, Polaroid, Polaroid...


Oh I want a Polaroid camera... I love that they are instant, a moment perfectly captured and printed, not stored away in a cold machine, I love that they are tangible, a moment, an image to be held, I love how they see light, their eye finding the vague beauty in life, not the nitty-gritty everything of digital, I love the aged tone of them, I love the tradition of writing on them, dates, notes, narratives... really I think I'm just in love with the whole idea of them.

There are some wonderful Polaroid blogs out there, I adore nectar and light, a beautiful name, wonderful images and a great outlook on life, photography and food...
This image is from polyvore, if anyone knows its origins let me know.


This is an sx-70 the one I'm after, this image from "Polaroid of the day", its a beautiful camera, folds down and tucks away. I've been shopping around, on ebay mainly, fingers crossed I'll pick one up soon.


It would be a perfect media for me to explore with my narratives, I'm getting quite excited about all I plan to explore and experiment with this year, I actually cant wait to get back to uni, if I just had my essay over and done with...

No comments: