Sunday 3 July 2011

And the crack in the tea cup...


Today my world is a wash of greens, blues and golden light, the swallows are long home and flit against a tall, cotton sky. That golden sun warms my bones yet I find myself missing the sound of rain. It's days like this that I wish I was a painter, the materials of my work as fluid as the weather... It's been a tough year, full of wishes coming true and deep, dark hurts. My Masters is over, graduation has come and gone and I am cast adrift. Here in this ending place my heart is a little more broken, pieces of it left in the hands of the unworthy and given wholly to the tales I told... I miss my camera and I miss sleep - so deep and true. There is a tower of books building by my bed, perhaps they will keep me safe. I'm so tired it has seeped into my bones, like a fog has settled around me, but those who love me are calling me home, tea cups waiting for me with cake and candles... I am without a map, my plans slipping through my fingers like that summer rain or floating away like untethered kites, yet more than ever I know who I am- I'm taking the days a moment at a time,finding beauty and narrative in all things, breathing deep and finding my way...
Speaking of; I've started a Tumblr blog for all those daily little things I never get around to posting here, I hope you'll take a look- Ink and light Arts on Tumblr.

Today I love my bike and blues, blue stripes and blue skies, butterfly blue dresses and blue denim shirts. I love those honeysuckle and champagne nights full of stars, and music both old and new, I love blank notebooks and beginnings and as always I loathe selfishness and impatience. Today the woman I want to be is beautiful, inside and out, she is someones daylight and is worthy in all her flaws. She laughs daily and knows shes home,safe and sound...

No comments: