Sunday 28 September 2008

Grey Lady


And so she waited, taking her tea each morning and looking for a change in the leaves, but it had been there all along something dark green and deep...

Today I feel grey, despite the sunshine I find myself tried, all I've wanted to do is curl up... need to snap out of it.

I've been thinking alot about my narratives and collage yet producing nothing tangible. I need to just start exploring and get something done.

One thing i did do this week was fill my locket with moss, for a wall piece experiment. (Photos to follow soon) I'd like to work more with mosses, perhaps grow them in big glass jars or urns, something beautiful but with a sense of neglect or decay about it...

The title comes from an Iron&Wine song, Grey Stables, which I've been playing alot;
"my lady, like a teacup on the counter
frail, pleasing everyone"

1 comment:

laitae said...

So nice to have you back:) "The Moss Project" sounds like a great idea:) I even saw people selling their moss terrariums on etsy!